Saturday, October 9, 2010

Just an update

It has been awhile since I've given a baby update...we have had some adventures these last few weeks, including one trip to Labor & Delivery...so lets start there!
September 30th at around 2pm I started having intense back pain which I could not relieve with anything. Eric also noticed that I was extremely flushed in the face, it almost appeared that I had a BAD sunburn and I had jaw pain. Now the flushing and jaw pain I attributed to my Remodulin pump and that I was just experiencing some side effects from that drug. Shortly thereafter the diarrhea started and then the vomiting. I could not keep anything down. I was up all night and finally at 4am when I also started feeling pressure with the back pain I called the OB. Of course you get the one on call and never your own! He stated I should head to L&D just to make sure it wasn't preterm labor. So instead of heading to Milwaukee, Eric and I headed into Neenah to Theda Clark. I was whisked away to L&D and immediately hooked up to a fetal monitor. It was determined within a few minutes that I was dehydrated and indeed was having some contractions. The nurses started me on IV fluids and slowly my uterus started to relax. I was also given Zofran in my IV so I would stop vomiting. Baby was fine the entire time and wasn't experiencing any side effects from being in a dehydrated Mommy. I was told that my uterus was just irritated from being dehydrated. I did get to experience my first internal cervix check (which to my surprise wasn't bad at all) but the 3 swabs I had to check for infection and to see if I was going to go into labor for real were TERRIBLE!!! So after approximately 9 hours in L&D they sent me home to rest and keep up on the fluids. My pulmonary doctor thinks that I might have gotten an bolus of remodulin somehow which sent everything into motion.
My regular OB wasn't too pleased that I missed an appointment with him because of all this but I did see him October 7th instead. Baby is measuring ahead of schedule but nothing that they are worried about and he is approximately 4.5 lbs! And in the 58th percentile! However his head is measuring a full 3 WEEKS ahead of schedule! Good thing I will be induced early so that shouldn't be an issue! A delivery plan was also discussed during this visit and it will be in approximately 4 weeks as long as he cooperates and my body continues to handle things well. I am now scheduled to go to the OB every week until he arrives!
31w5d profile

Chubby cheeks!

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything turned out ok. Sounds like you are blessed with wonderful doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Glad he didn't decide to make a surprise early appearance! Make sure you keep drinking water now, lady! Take it easy and keep that kid in for four more weeks! Love you!

    ReplyDelete