Friday, May 21, 2010

Another one down, how many to go??



The latest picture of Baby Kappell

That is Doctor visits!!! I had my 4th doctor visit today and everything looks beautiful. Baby Kappell is measuring right on schedule at 11w6d. I also had my first trimester screening for Downs syndrome today. The measurement they look at on the ultrasound is the thickness of the skin on the back of the neck and the technician said it looked great. I also had to have some blood work done and they will put those two results together which give you the probability that the baby could have Downs Syndrome. Eric has a downs syndrome Aunt so it was recommended to have this extra testing done. The Mabee side of the family also has a chromosomal issue in which I had to have my DNA analyzed and I am happy to report that I am NOT a carrier of the problem!!! So happy about that!!! My morning/all day sickness is becoming less and less so hopefully it continues in that way! And I am really starting to "feel" pregnant. My belly is just starting to pop and I am wearing maternity jeans already!

No comments:

Post a Comment